2015 50.50 2 coin set (1966 round + 2015 "C" Mintmark Proof) Fifty Years of the Royal Australian Min
2015 50.50 2 coin set (1966 round + 2015 "C" Mintmark Proof) Fifty Years of the Royal Australian Mint
Mark this significant milestone for the Royal Australian Mint with this limited edition 50.50 Two Coin Set. Capturing the spirit of ‘fifty’ by featuring two fifty cent coins, both depicting Stuart Devlin’s iconic design of the Commonwealth Coat of Arms. The included 1966 50c Circulating Coin is an original and one of Australia’s first coins introduced after decimalisation on 14 February 1966. It carries its own unique memories, as it has been handled, spent and circulated. It sits alongside the world-renowned dodecagonal shaped 2015 50c ‘C’ Mintmark Proof Coin which for the first time in history, is adorned by a ‘C’ mintmark for Canberra, the home of Australian circulating coins. The perfect combination of the old and new.
• Limited mintage
• Genuine round fifty cent coin from 1966, ultrasonically cleaned and encapsulated*
• 2015 fifty cent proof coin, featuring a ‘C’ for Canberra mintmark (the first fifty cent coin to bear such a mark)
• 18-page booklet depicting fifty years of historical highlights (from both the Mint and Australian culture)
• Beautiful presentation case with COA and all original packaging
• 1966 coin’s obverse features Queen Elizabeth II effigy sculpted by Arnold Machin
• 2015 coin’s obverse features Queen Elizabeth II effigy sculpted by Ian Rank-Broadley
* PLEASE NOTE: Coin set includes a 1966 50c circulating coin.
|Barcode #||2015 50.50|